Monday, August 15, 2011

Crock Pot Jambalaya

If this recipe is anything to go one rice doesn't do well in slow cookers. I probably should not have even attempted this recipe because the blogger did not have rave reviews about this dish. Her review said the rice on the bottom was overcooked and the rice on top was not done. I figured since I always stir even when I'm supposed to set it and forget it everything would be alright, right? Wrong.

I halved the recipe just in case it didn't turn out, apparently I should have halved the cook time as well. Actually I did. I checked it after 4 hours on low and the rice was gummy and mushy and sticking to the pot. I didn't even bother adding the chicken. I ended up picking out the sausage and eating it on a hot dog bun.

Crock Pot Jambalaya

No comments:

Post a Comment