Friday, July 10, 2009

Zucchini Bread with Blueberries


I found this recipe at here at Recipezaar.

  1. Add oil, sugar, zucchini, vanilla and almond extract to beaten eggs.
  2. Sift dry ingredients together and add to batter.
  3. Gently fold in blueberries.
  4. Pour into 2 greased and floured 8x4x2" loaf pans.
  5. Bake at 350° for 1 1/4 hours until inserted toothpick comes out cleanly.
  6. Cool on rack and store in plastic wrap in refrigerator.
Makes 2 8x4 inch loaves

I did make a few alterations to the recipe. I used 2 cups of sugar instead of 2 1/2 and next time I might cut the sugar a little more. I used 2 1/2 c. of frozen blueberries instead of 2 because I didn't read the recipe properly, the 2 c. the recipe calls for should be sufficient. I also used self rising flour instead of all-purpose flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt and it worked just fine. I made 1 loaf and 8 mini loaves. The mini loaves were done in about 20 min and the regular loaf took about 40-45 min. This is a really good recipe that everyone enjoyed and if you have kids it's a great way to sneak in some vegetables!

No comments:

Post a Comment