Thursday, July 30, 2009

Bad Blogger Brownies

I said in my last post I would talk about the brownies I made. That was 2 weeks ago, as I mentioned in the title I am a bad blogger. So here we go 2 weeks late.

Kittencal's Extreme Chocolate Brownies
  1. Set oven to 325 degrees F.
  2. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
  3. In a heavy saucepan, bring butter, sugar and water to a boil, stirring constantly until the butter is melted and sugar is dissolved (about 3 minutes).
  4. Remove from the heat, with a wooden spoon, stir in 2 cups chocolate chips until melted; cool slightly, beat in vanilla.
  5. In a mixing bowl,whisk eggs, gradually add in the chocolate mixture, beating with a wooden spoon until completely mixed.
  6. Mix together flour, baking soda and salt; add to the egg/chocolate mixture; mix well to combine.
  7. Stir in the remaining chocolate chips.
  8. Spread into prepared baking pan.
  9. Bake for 35-40 minutes (don't over bake).
  10. Cut into squares.
  11. Note: If desired, chopped walnuts may be added.
36 brownies

I added all the chocolate at the beginning because I didn't read the recipe right. They had an odd taste on the first day which had faded by the 2nd day. I also halved the recipe. I would maybe try them again with and add the chocolate at the appropriate times. I also think they may have been a tiny bit overcooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment