Friday, March 16, 2012

Baker's Coating

I found a recipe for Baker's Coating in a book called Morning Glories by Sharon Kebschull Barrett. It's like a brush on version of Bakers Joy you use it whenever a recipe calls to grease and flour a pan.

I adore this stuff. I never have cakes stick when I use this. All it is is equal parts oil, shortening and flour. The author uses 1 cup of each and suggest a double batch if you bake a lot. However that is wat too much for my needs so I only use 1/4 cup of each.



Baker's Coating

1/4 cup shortening
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/4 cup flour

In a bowl beat all ingredients together with an electric mixture. It will be the consistency of sour cream. Put in an airtight container. It doesn't need to be refrigerated and according to the author it keeps indefinitely.

To use, brush a thin coat onto pan with a pastry brush.



No comments:

Post a Comment