Monday, January 11, 2010

Haystacks

I think I've already failed at my New Year's resolution to blog more because I'm just now getting around to posting the things I made for New Year's Eve.

Haystacks are quick and easy to make. I guess you would categorize these as cookies at least that is what I'll be tagging them as. I usually make these for Christmas but we had plenty so I held off on making them. I don't know why I only make these for holidays even if I don't want to have to eat them all myself I know I can count on my sister to eat half of them herself.

Easiest recipe ever.

1 bag of butterscotch chips
half to 3/4 bag chow mien noodles

That's it! Melt the butterscotch and mix in the noodles. Drop by spoonfuls onto wax paper. Let cool.



I like a thinner coating of butterscotch on mine so I add a lot of noodles, if you like a thicker layer of butterscotch add less. I've also seen versions with nuts added and there's no reason you couldn't use chocolate chips instead of butterscotch. I did have a little trouble getting my chips to melt smoothly. Does the weather effect melting things like it does making candy? Because it was raining.

1 comment:

  1. These are so weird! I have never heard of them before, but they are definitely intriguing!

    Thanks for putting me on your blogroll!

    ReplyDelete