Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Chocolate Truffle Cookies

I've had this recipe for a couple of years and unfortunately I can't remember where I found it.I've made them a few times and they've been great but the last time I made them I used butter instead of margarine and I don't think they turned out as well. They seemed a little greasy and they also seemed to spread a bit more.



Chocolate Truffle Cookies

1 1/4 c. butter or margarine, softened
2 1/4 c. confectioner's sugar
1/3 c. baking cocoa
1/4 c. sour cream
1 tbs. vanilla extract
2 1/4 c. all purpose flour
2 c. (12 oz) semisweet chocolate chips
1/4 c. chocolate sprinkles

Preheat oven to 325 degrees.

In a mixing bowl, cream together butter, sugar and cocoa until light and fluffy. Beat in sour cream and vanilla. Add flour and mix well. Stir in chocolate chips. Refrigerate for 1 hr.

Roll into 1 inch balls and dip in chocolate sprinkles. Place sprinkled side up, 2 inches apart on ungreased baking sheets. Bake for 10 min or until set. Cool 5 minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely.

Yield: 5 1/2 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment