Monday, February 28, 2011

Cornbread or corn cake?

I've been wanting some corn bread lately and since I had Bisquick on hand I decided to try a recipe from A Bountiful Kitchen. I halved the recipe and baked it in a 8x8 pan. It turned out really well! This recipe made an extremely moist, cake-like bread, a bit too sweet for my taste, I'll cut back on the sugar next time and maybe make it in a bigger pan because it was a bit thick.


Emily's Corn Bread for Dummies

2 1/2 cups Bisquick baking mix
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 cup cornmeal
3/4 cup sugar
3 eggs, beaten
1 1/2 cups milk
1 cup butter, melted

Preheat oven to 350 degrees .
Place all dry ingredients into a large bowl. Add the eggs, milk and melted butter. Mix with a large wooden spoon or spatula, just until the dry ingredients are incorporated into the wet ingredients.
Pour into a greased 9x13 pan. Bake for 30 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center of pan comes out clean.

No comments:

Post a Comment