Thursday, September 17, 2009

Pineapple Casserole

You might have seen this over at Danielle's blog Cooking for My peace of mind. I needed to use up some ritz crackers and was thinking of getting my sister's recipe when I saw her post. I think her's was actually better. Sorry sis! I think it was the crushed pineapple that made it. It gave it a smoother texture. Next time I might halve it, I had two servings and someone else had three but there was still over half a casserole left. I'll also try it with just crushed pineapple and see how that works.

This a is really simple and delicious recipe. It's served as a side dish but it's also like dessert. It's kind of like sweet potato casserole that way. Btw, I usually make sweet potato casserole for Thanksgiving and Christmas so that recipe should come up in a couple of months.





If the cheese doesn't look melty it's because I took the picture the next day and hadn't been reheated yet.

Pineapple Casserole

1 20 oz can of pineapple chunks, drained
1 20 oz can of crushed pineapple, drained
5 tablespoons flour
1 cup sugar
1 1/2 to 2 cups of sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
1 1/2 cups ritz cracker crumbs
1 stick (1/2 cup) butter, melted

Preheat your oven to 350.
Grease a small casserole dish (about 11 x 7).
Combine the pineapple, sugar, flour and cheese in a large bowl.
Pour into the casserole dish.
Top with cracker crumbs and drizzle the melted butter over the top.
Bake for about 30 minutes.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the shout out Laby!! It really is good stuff. My mom said its a great side for pork chops (totally makes sense now that I think about it hahaha).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, this looks delicious,I cant wait to try it!i followed your blog through the foodieblogroll and I'd love to bring over our readers to your site if you wont mind, just add this little foodista widget to this post and it's all set to go, Thanks!-Alisa@Foodista

    ReplyDelete